Thursday, November 8, 2018

Llama Lland

Well we made it! The first leg of the journey is over and we are all cozy and warm in Grants Pass at my aunt and uncles house.
I want to give a little back story about how we got here and what we’re doing on this trip.
When Adam first brought up the idea of going to see our friends the Berg’s he was, inspired by seeing their lovely Christmas card on our wall for months.  I had no idea how to make it happen but knew I wanted to try. I talked to the Bergs, who were delighted at the prospect, and to Adam’s mom, Kathy, about some logistics.  Then I got to the fun part. I started by asking Adam, should we fly? Go by bus? Drive a car? Take a train? And he said car!  I asked again, telling him we would be in the car for 2 days, and he said “take it.” So I took it from there, checking out how long the drive would be, what dates would work, where we could stay. And it all eventually fell into place with some wonderful help from community mates, family and friends all over. We are staying with my aunt and uncle tonight at their farm in Grants Pass, then headed to Redwood City tomorrow to see Beth and Robbie and their family. Saturday we will go to a meeting of “Bridges” which is the emerging L’Arche community in the Bay Area. Then we will head back to the Bergs’ with them after the meeting. We will be hanging out with them for the rest of our tour.
Here in Llama Land (my childhood name for this farm) Adam has already met two dogs, one cat and one cockatoo and is excited to help check the chickens and gather their eggs tomorrow before we hit the road again. We will also get a chance to meet all the goats and llamas tomorrow!! I added some images from this first day, I tried to caption all of them but I’m doing all this from my phone so you will have to excuse any errors or blame them on technology.

We had a lovely drive, the weather was perfect and the music was good. 

Adam got some good napping in. 

We got to Llama Land and immediately made some new friends, this is Finn! 


1 comment: